Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

As the new year is here and I was reflecting back on 2008 and all I have been through the tumor I have on my spine, my husbands job being in jeopardy,the medical insurance, our finances, the economy, just all the uncertainties of this world. Then God reminded me of how certain I can be in HIM, my hope is in HIM. In my quite time this morning HE gave me a verse I will share with you.

Dear brothers and sisters whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. When your faith is tested your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2-3.

Joy in times of trouble? sometimes we say are you kidding me? You expect me to have Joy when I am going through all these trials? Well Jesus is our Joy, my salvation is my Joy so I do have joy when I am in the midst of a crisis. Our faith is tested and grows because of trials. God loves us and will take care of those whom love HIM.
We have been going through the uncertainty of my husband having a job because of layoffs and he carries the insurance on me and with my condition I have to have insurance. Well GOD being who He is answered our prayers and my husband is being transferred instead of being laid off!
What a Awesome God we serve! Praise be to God!
I appreciate those of you who have prayed for me, God is always faithful, we just have to remember its HIS timing not ours!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely verse. I am so glad your husbasnds job worked out. Have a blessed new year, and I wish for you many days and hours of happiness and joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to read your new blog. Prayers are continuing for your health and the upcoming move.

    Each of us have had crosses to bear throughout our lives. Our trust and faith in Jesus is what gets us through. Without Him I would not have gotten through many trials and difficult years. My walk with the Lord is on going and needs to grow even stronger.

    I pray that 2009 will bring you better health, new friends in another town and church family and only good things for you, your husband and children.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete