Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Gift

Follow God's example in everything that you do, because you are his dear children. Live a life of filled with love for others, following the example of Christ, who loved you and gave himself as a sacrifice to take away your sins. And God was pleased, because that sacrifice was like sweet perfume to him. Ephesians 5:1-2

This is the verse God gave me in my quiet time today and reminded me of Christmas.
My Nephew and Niece did the coolest thing this year in lieu of giving gifts to everyone they gave the gift of shoes to the homeless and gave us a picture of the person they gave it to so we can put them on our fridge and pray for them. That is what Christmas is all about is "The Gift" not of material things but the sacrifice "The baby". So as we go about our everyday lives I pray we focus on "The Gift" and show the love of Christ to everyone we come in contact with.

1 comment: